Malia is an idyllic place of holidays, lively and wild! but keep in mind these few tips when you hang out.
- Respect the locals and the law… as you would back home.
Even though the Greeks are relaxed and open minded, the laws are similar to the E.U. laws, so respect in order to get respect and don’t do anything that you are not allowed to do at your country.
- “Laughing gas balloons” is a new craze happening not only in Crete. Although not illegal yet they are very dangerous for your health. If someone offers you the best thing to do is to avoid. Read more here
Every year there are thousands of quad and motorbike accidents, surely you don’t want to be the next. Don’t drive after drinking – there are always some good guys called ‘taxi drivers’ easily found.
- Excursions / events etc
Be a careful buyer and always read the terms and conditions of what you buy.
Many attractions are now welcoming visitors back, with plenty of measures in place to help you enjoy your travel. We need to remember to look after ourselves, one another and the environment around us. To avoid some time wasting here are some tips:
- Check what’s open;
it’s easy and most business keep their info online.
- Choose to pre-book;
If you have an attraction in mind, check online to see if you need to pre-book a time slot.
- Don’t just follow the crowds; get off the beaten track and discover a hidden gem that you can brag to friends about.
- Continue to social distance.
Keep one metre or more apart from anyone while outside – this not only applies to walking, but dining, sitting and sunbathing too.
- Wear a face mask.
Face masks are mandatory in all public areas, open or closed.
- Keep a bank card on you and choose contactless order and payment when available
- A maximum of four people can be seated per table at cafes or restaurants (or six people in the event that the people are first degree relatives).
- There is a ban on all public events including parties, religious festivals and street markets while all public and private gatherings must be limited to no more than nine people.
- Situation will be reviewed again in 15/9
If you really want to enjoy traditional Greek and Mediterranean cooking you have to visit this restaurant in old town of Malia.
Homemade bread and dishes from the wood oven, fresh fish, meat and chicken and seasonal vegetables all combined to a unique menu. Reservation is advised.
Internet site: avli-malia.gr
Discovering and Exploring the Best of Crete. Everyday moments of our life in this beautiful Island.YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo6QwJmUqyAdu_yd1dcVCLA Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/DailyCRETE Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/DailyCRETE
visit website: https://maliaboozecruise.co.uk/
Internet site: https://www.cluburlaub.de/aldiana/club-aldiana-kreta/
Red Lion listed in MaliaTV: Red Lion @ MaliaTV
Visit website: https://lovemalia.co.uk